Sunday 21 February 2010

Those weird little things...

It struck me today whilst at work that i need to write about something weird. Now don't get me wrong weirdness is practically built in with me but I didn't really feel like writing about myself for a whole blog.
So i was thinking hard about what to write, herpes man was a popular topic. Then as happens to most things i think about i forgot and was filling in a book for work that basically tells me how to do the job i've been doing for 2 and a half years. One of the questions was:
'What would you do in this situation: a couple in their thirties sits down and orders steak. The woman calls you over and says, 'My steak is burned, i asked for it medium rare and it looks very well done.'
I put, as a joke, 'just eat it you silly bitch.' Which both then and now has made me crease. I then told tammy and jess, both of whom found it funny so i laughed again. I then proceeded to keep laughing at a couple of minute intervals at the same thing, only made worse by putting other stupid things in the book. We got in a taxi to go home and after thinking to myself that i had done well in not laughing for a while.... disaster! I then began to chuckle to myself so i looked out of the window to hide this. I thought about it some more and started to laugh out loud, making me laugh more. I did this for ten minutes.
So after all that my weird thing is why do the stupidest of things make us laugh? It's not even a universal thing, stupid little things usually only make a person laugh. It never makes sense that something that isn't even that funny can strike back a while later (days in my case) but when it does you're usually left on your own laughing with several people giving you strange looks because you've bursted out laughing for no apparent reason. Even now as i'm writing this i keep chuckling away because of writing 'just eat it you silly bitch.' Why? I have no idea but it makes life interesting.

So i'll leave you on one of my favorite weird laugh things from one of my closest friends whilst she was at work:
'Ok thanks, see you, bye.'

No comments:

Post a Comment