Wednesday 24 February 2010

Herpes man... funny/strange/scary

Ok so i mentioned in one of my earlier blogs something about a herpes man. Now most of my friends already know this story but for those of you on here that don't, here it is:

I was on my way to work one day, i think a year or so ago. A female friend had just got off the bus on the opposite side of the road. I had my ear phones in so naturally as we passed we just waved at each other and i carried on lightly bopping around. The next thing i know there's a man, holding a can of cheap lagar, stumbling over to me mouthing something almost incoherently. I tentatively take out my ear phone, 'Sorry, what was that?'
'Ahhh i saw that! I saw you waving at her. Ey ey.'
At this point i seriously regret taking out my sanctuary of music but i politely smile and reply, ' Oh no she's just a friend from school.' I hope this is enough to squash his curiosity and he can walk away. Or he can call me a queer and punch me. Either way i'd be happy for him to piss off. I even try to be less than subtle and put one ear phone back in and look around obviously for a bus. This pisshead, much to my chagrin, doesn't take the hint and continues to babble at me. Not wanting to anger a drunk man i let him talk, answering with the obligatory, 'Yeah, oh right, uh hu.'
His babbling continues until the savior (or so i thought) of the bus arrives. I practically run to it and dive on. I hide on the seat about half-way up with the barrier in front of it and duck down. No luck. He gets on and hunts me down again. I then realise i'll have to put up with this for the whole of my 20 min bus ride.
Now clearly this guy is a crazy drunk but he tries, in his own 'special' way to offer me advice. I think he thought that i had crappy parents and no education because the things he told me were the obvious things you learn growing up. However for any of you curious here are a drunks 'valuable' life lessons:
1) Don't sleep around.
2)Be Good to women
3)If you're in a relationship, don't cheat
4)Always use a condom

So by this point i'm a tad annoyed he's telling me things i've known for years until he he reiterates the last point again and again because (and here's the corker of the conversation) the one time, he didn't use a condom and now he has herpes. . .

I think at this point my eyes widened in surprise/horror and i visibly move away from Mr STI. But he's not done there. As if telling a complete stranger something about your crotch that really should be kept secret isn't bad enough he then tells me more about his sad sad situation. Apparently he's too embarrassed to got to the doctor so it keeps flaring up. This mean he can't have sex with his wife because how did he contract this disease? He cheated! Hence the earlier advice. So now i'm siting next to a philandering, STI infected, drunk. Great. I honestly didn't know what to say, i don't want to say anything that could sound offensive, he'd probably smack me in the face. So i just nod and agree his situation sucks (It was blatantly his own fault). So then he keeps telling me over and over not to play around and always use a condom.
You have no idea how much i loved West Bromwich bus station when we pulled into it. I hooped up and ran to my next bus and thankfully Herpes Man went in the opposite direction.
So that was a very VERY strange situation for me to be a part of. I did learn that ... you should never take out your earphones when a drunk comes calling!

Always use a condom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment