Wednesday 24 February 2010

Dream eating and women in white.

Me again! Obviously it's my blog, haha.


To start me off i'll go for the thing us English students should enjoy most: BOOKS! The first of these is called 'The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters.' It is my favourite novel, as some people should know. It's a tad hard to describe or even place among the genres of other novels. It's sort of thriller, fantasy, Victorian, erotic, etc, It has many varied styles. It took me a few times to actually start reading it and i was utterly engrossed when it happened. It follows the events of three characters, Miss Temple, Cardinal Chang and Dr Svenson and how they get entangled in the diabolical plans of an evil Cabal. Now in this tiny description i probably haven't given it justice because it is a fantastic read. The language can be a little hard (though that may just be me :P) but the story is so intense and gripping you can practically bypass anything that you dislike about it.

My second book is one i had to read for Uni called 'The Woman in White.' This isn't my favourite, obviously as the one above is but it was one of my favourite old novels. Written by Wilkie Collins this novel again is gripping. Within the first 10 pages you are engrossed by a mystery of this woman in white. I can't praise the story in this enough, it's a large novel, don't get me wrong but i was not bored once. I loved it. Once the initial mystery is solved there's more in store when it turns out there's an even bigger plot twist in store. There's narration, diaries, letters, loads basically! For anyone that likes mystery, go read it and anyone that likes any other type of novel, read it too. :D

1 comment:

  1. Grrrr The Pissing Woman in White, I have to disagree with you here Lew I couldn't stand reading it, so I only read the first chapter. God knows how I passed that essay! x

    ReplyDelete