Thursday 4 March 2010

A day truly wasted.

So fellow heroes. Today as you may or may not know is Thursday, named after the Norse God Thor (who is awesome by the way). Two days ago it was Tuesday, named after the Norse God Tyr (Named Thunor and Tiw in Old English respectively) and that was the day in my life that was truly wasted.

So here goes the story of the wasted day:

I had been at work all weekend so i had forgot that on the Tuesday that we usually have class from 10-1 in the morning. As i had forgotten about this i was up, bright and early, at 7 am. I got ready in my ignorant bliss and made my way to the train station. My lovely friend Tina then text me asking, 'are you coming in with is lot this morning?' If i'm honest, at this point i thought that Tina had lost it here (No offense Tina) but i thought 'of course i'm going in. We've got a lesson!' ...

No we don't. It clicked at that moment that we had tutorials that day and i had basically gotten up for no reason.

At this point let me take you back again to last tuesday because another thing dropped into place at this moment. Last tuesday when Ian was taking down what time we wanted to go in i said 3 pm. Usually i like to go in early but i didn't realise that we could go in in the morning and thought the morning slot was for Wednesday. Again that means i'm a tad spackerfied. So i said three and still forgot about tutorials.

Back to the tuesday just gone. I stood almost at the train station laughing at my own stupidity. I decided then that i may as well go in because i was already up and practically at the station. So i got on the train, told Tina about my idiocy and carried on to uni. As it happens there were crashes on the motorway so Ian was running roughly a hour late. We were all waiting for ages so my theory was that someone would give up and go home and i could go in their spot. No such luck. Ian kept to his schedule rigidly, a good trait i must add.

After this we went for something to eat and then i went to help out the drama kids do their drama. I'm practically part of their group now. Then as usual i went into their class and i acted for them, Eeeeep. At the end of all this at 4 o'clock, i was about to go in when someone else jumped in front saying their appointment was missed because of the lateness. I had to wait longer. Then i finally got in, sitting there waiting for some excellent advice when the file i'd sent my work on wasn't compatible with the system at uni...

Now i wasn't angry, not at all. I was just struck with the realisation that my day had been wasted completely because the work that i'd sent didn't even go through, i didn't need to be up that early and after the days events i didn't need to go in at all.

But i also realised that despite being productively wasted i did get to spend the day with my friends and Ashley kept telling me a day spent in her company is never wasted.

Keep wasting friends ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment